Sunday, February 06, 2011

Trying to listen

I know I am not very punctual about posting, but then again no one is waiting there with bated breath to hear what I have to say. It is my intention to do more... What is that quote about the road to hell?

The pictures of the pots from the last firing have been taken and are converted to "dng" awaiting my processing them. I just upgraded to Adobe CS5 so I am working through it slowly trying to catch up to the new software. Do I spend way too much time playing around with software? Aaah, yeah. Latest round has me lusting for a 64-bit box and operating system and the latest Cintiq tablet. Did I mention a Camcorder? Anyway, I will post some of the refined images soon.

I stumbled onto the following video. It was a couple of clicks away from one a friend pointed me to. That one was good, but this one really struck a note with me. It is by Evelyn Glennie. To quote "In this soaring demonstration, deaf percussionist Evelyn Glennie illustrates how listening to music involves much more than simply letting sound waves hit your eardrums." She talks about music and listening, but it applies so well to art and life. Listen.




And for a little comic relief, my cousin posted this on Facebook. A good chuckle for us who are exploring aging in real time.

Old Rock Star Songs from comedian Tim Hawkins. Classic Rock Songs updated for the singer’s age.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am...here...waiting with bated breath.

    ReplyDelete