Thursday, August 20, 2009

This blog has been sleeping for a long, long time. No excuses. Just haven't been posting. However, I think that it is time to wake up the sleepy head and reconnect with the world. I guess my river buddy and glass artist Ellen has inspired me. I will try to post more often.

A good deal has changed since the last post. I am no longer studying at the Appalachian Center for Craft and have been building my own studio. The studio is located at our home on Puckett Point Road in Smithville, TN. It has taken a while, but the studio is operational and I have been throwing, firing bisque and glazing. For glaze firing I have been working with my friends at Creek Bend Pottery and doing wood-fire, salt glazed ware. If you are interested in the process of wood firing and salt glazing, please see the blog Firing@CreekBend Pottery.

Just recently I did an oxidation firing in my Cress E27. While this firing range isn't my first love, I think I will do some ware this way. Below is a picture of a pitcher from that firing.

No comments:

Post a Comment